Belly dancing is often grouped by people into the “exotic, sensual dance” category. But this form of dance actually has a very long story and very artistic meaning behind it. Originating from the Middle East and Central Asia and having been around for hundreds of years, belly dance quotes are basically recordings of literally ancient wisdom.
Whether you need some inspiration to pull the trigger and sign up for a belly dance class, or you need some energy to finish your work for the day … These emotional belly dance quotes will surely delight with their meanings.
40+ Famous Belly Dance Quotes & Sayings
Inspirational belly dance quotes
- “If you opened the dictionary and searched for the meaning of a Goddess, you would find the reflection of a dancing lady.” – Shah Asad Rizvi.
- “Get your body out of the way and let your spirit soar!” – Ibrahim Farah.
- “Don’t breathe to survive; dance and feel alive.” – Shah Asad Rizvi.
- “When it’s cold outside, belly dance warms my soul.” – Unknown.
- “Dance as if no one is watching.” – Unknown.
- “Dance is like a language. Each move you learn is like a word. Take your time to learn to pronounce it well.” – Sabeya.
- “It is not the rhythm or the steps that make the dance. But the passion that goes in the souls of those who dance.” – Augusto Branco.
- “In belly dance, there are not strangers, just friends that have yet to meet.” – Unknown.
- “You have heard the call of the wild, something beyond your usual horizons is calling you. Belly Dance doesn’t call every woman, so if it knocks on your door, I believe it is trying to give you a gift uniquely suitable to you.” – Shemiran Ibrahim.
- “Be proud of who you are; love your body regardless of what form it takes, and leave the world a better place than when you found it. Dance.” – Amity Alize.
- “When I teach I try to encourage my students to find out who they are and not try to be somebody else even if they are new in Tribal Fusion. I’m like: no, don’t be them when you can be YOU.” – Mira Betz.
- “Belly dance is like glitter: it not only colors your life, it makes you sparkle. You find it everywhere, and in everything, and it is nearly impossible to get rid of.” – Unknown.
- “Imagine this: there was a time in history, a long time ago, when the bounce & sway of a woman’s hips was considered so beautiful that they set it to music and made a dance out of it.” – Carolena Nericcio.
- “By definition, Tribal is the uniting of different people for a common purpose. And when it’s for dance, that’s a beautiful thing to see.” – Unknown.
- “Hard times require furious dancing.” – Alice Walker.
- “If you want to start loving your body, teach it to move in ways you never thought it could …. Bellydance.” – ShimmySista.
- “For every minute of glamour you see, there are many hours of hard work that you don’t!” – Unknown.
- “In bellydance, we choose our own feathers.” – Sarah Skinner.
- “When I first moved to L.A., I didn’t have a lot of money to join a gym or take classes, so I improvised. My sister and I went to the library and looked over their DVD collection and discovered Neena and Veena, these Egyptian twins who have a whole series of belly dancing routines. We did them all.” – AnnaLynne McCord.
- “Also, it’s good to have more than one profession, in case your own profession goes out of style. A Wall Street trader who’s also a belly dancer will do a lot better than a trader who winds up driving a taxi.” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb.
You’ll love: 40+ Famous Pole Dance Quotes And Sayings
Belly dance funny quotes
- “This dance isn’t just about shaking your waist and your ass.” – Nagwa Fouad.
- “Bellydance makes me cooler than you.” – Unknown.
- “Men are from Mars. Bellydancers are from heaven.” – Unknown.
- “I am taking belly dancing now. My hips are double-jointed, so I can do it really easily.” – Alexa Vega.
- “Wake, belly dance, sleep, repeat.” – Unknown.
- “When I danced, I felt I was entering the temple of Art.” – Taheyya Kariokka.
- “If life gives you hips, make hip scarves!” – Unknown.
- “I have too much Tribal jewelry. – Said no bellydancer ever.” – Unknown.
- “If you’re not barefoot, then you’re overdressed …” – Unknown.
- “I can’t keep calm because it’s time to get up and shimmy.” – Unknown.
- “This kitchen is for dancing.” – Unknown.
- “Trust me, when I woke up this morning, I had no plans to be this sexy. But then I took a Tribal Belly Dance class.” – Unknown.
- “Gym? I’d rather bellydance.” – Unknown.
- “If you stumble, make it part of the dance.” – Unknown.
Did you know: Where Did Belly Dancing Come From?
- “Move your hips, and the rest will follow.” – Unknown.
- “Embrace the belly and enjoy the jiggle”. – Unknown.
- “Addicted to belly dancing.” – Unknown.
- “The curve is more dangerous than the sword.” – Mae West.
- “Dance is the hidden language of the soul.” – Martha Graham.
- “When in doubt, belly dance it out.” – Unknown.
- “Let the music move your body.” – Unknown.
- “Don’t wish for it, work for it.” – Unknown.
- “I never liked that song until I danced to it with you.” – Unknown.
- “Forget your troubles and dance.” – Unknown.
- “To understand the culture, study the dance. To understand the dance, study the people.” – Charles Davis.
Check more: 20+ Famous Tap Dance Quotes And Sayings
Belly dance is an ancient art that has been given a bad reputation for its sensuality. But being sensual doesn’t mean not being profound. Some of these quotes about belly dance are beautiful life lessons.
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading this list as much as we had fun preparing it. If you have any other questions, you’d like to ask, our comment section is available!