Capezio (or Capezio Ballet Makers Inc.) is among the most affordable ballet brand for beginners, specializing in shoes, apparel, and accessories for tap dancing.
Provided that you understand the Capezio tap shoes size chart and also how they fit, you can truly benefit from these American shoes on the very first days of your tap dance career.
Table of Contents
- Are Capezio Tap Shoes True To Size?
- Capezio Tap Shoes Size Chart
- Capezio Tap Shoe Sizing Chart By Shoe Styles
- FAQs On Tap Shoes
- 1. How Do You Know If Tap Shoes Fit?
- 2. Should Tap Shoes Be Tight Or Loose?
- 3. Should You Wear Socks Under Tap Shoes?
- 4. Are Bloch Or Capezio Tap Shoes Better?
- 5. How Do You Break In New Tap Shoes?
- 6. Should You Loosen Taps On Tap Shoes?
- 7. Is It OK To Wear Tap Shoes Outside?
- 8. How Long Do Tap Shoes Last?
- Final Words
Are Capezio Tap Shoes True To Size?
Capezio tap shoes fit 0.5 to 1 size smaller than your street shoes. Plus, it fits bigger compared to Capezio jazz shoes. So in all cases, you need to size up your shoe size as follows:
- Women should choose 0.5 size bigger (1-1.5 sizes bigger for jazz shoes) than their regular shoe size.
- Men should choose 2-2.5 sizes bigger (3-3.5 sizes bigger for jazz shoes) than their regular shoe size.
- Girls should choose Capezio tap shoes that have the same size as their regular shoe size to 0.5 size bigger (1.5-2 sizes bigger for jazz shoes).
- Boys should choose 0.5 to 1 size bigger (2-2.5 sizes bigger for jazz shoes) than their regular shoe size.
For style 443C, girls should choose shoes that are 0.5 size smaller, while boys should stay with their regular shoe size.
Your Capezio tap shoes should feel snug with your feet to have the best support for your feet and ankle, with all your toes kept flat and nearly reaching the shoe’s end. These shoes will gradually mold to your foot’s shape with wear.
Capezio Tap Shoes Size Chart
Capezio Tap Shoe Sizing Chart for Adults
|Foot length (cm)||Ladies street shoe (AUS)||Capezio tap shoe size|
|Mary Jane||Cuban||Tic Tap Toe|
Capezio Tap Shoe Sizing Chart for Kids
|Foot length (cm)||Girl school shoe (AUS)||Capezio tap shoe size|
|Mary Jane||Tic Tap Toe|
Capezio Tap Shoe Sizing Chart By Shoe Styles
Apart from ages, the Capezio tap shoe sizing also depends on the shoe styles.
The following table will show sizing details on the 2 popular Capezio tap shoe styles, including Tele Tone Tap and Due Tone.
|Shoe Styles||Sizes||Tele Tone Tap||Due Tone|
FAQs On Tap Shoes
1. How Do You Know If Tap Shoes Fit?
You know that your tap shoes fit when there is a thumb’s width of free space in front of your toes.
So, when your feet are growing, this space gives you adequate room to grow without making the shoes too large. On the other hand, if the shoes slip around your feet, they might be too big.
2. Should Tap Shoes Be Tight Or Loose?
Tap shoes should fit tight with a snug fit to give you the best support for your ankle and feet.
3. Should You Wear Socks Under Tap Shoes?
You should wear tights or socks under tap shoes to extend their life. The socks have various benefits, like an inner-shoe footwear, an extra cushioning layer and protect your feet from blisters.
4. Are Bloch Or Capezio Tap Shoes Better?
Capezio tap shoes are more durable and effective than Bloch ones. Yet, Bloch shoes are slightly more expensive than Capezio’s, which can be a drawback for small tappers with growing feet.
You’ll love: 50+ Best Songs For Tap Dance
5. How Do You Break In New Tap Shoes?
To break in your tap shoes, you should wear them with thick socks. Then, walk around the house to gradually stretch out the tight leather.
After that, you should massage and maneuver your heel to reduce the stiffness.
6. Should You Loosen Taps On Tap Shoes?
You shouldn’t loosen the taps on your tap shoes. The shoes will mold to your feet with wear.
7. Is It OK To Wear Tap Shoes Outside?
You should never wear tap shoes outside since their shape can be damaged by water, rain, or puddles. You should keep them inside, and as dry as much as possible.
8. How Long Do Tap Shoes Last?
With good maintenance, tap shoes can last for years. Tap shoes don’t wear through as fast as jazz shoes and ballet shoes. Plus, the sound of your tap plates can mature with practice.
Capezio tap shoes are expensive and a serious investment for starters. After getting full information on the Capezio tap shoes size chart, you can be more confident to pick up a pair of shoes that let you reach your peak performance on the stage.
Your tap shoes should feel snug on your feet, with all your toes flat. If you buy shoes for your kids, you should leave extra space for their growing feet.